There is some discussion in the house as to who is the “boss of all”. Me or Dad. The answer is fairly evident, in my honest, but humble opinion. But when it comes to the TV remote, the answer is clear.
I am the Queen and I reign supreme. The kids even agree.
Just the other night, I heard my eldest say, “Give Mom the remote. She’s the best at skipping commercials.”
I am glad I do at least one thing right in my teenager’s eyes.
But it’s true. I am the master of the remote. So what does the Queen watch when in charge? Well, that list can be divided into things I watch WITH my kids and WITHOUT my kids.
1. The Middle ~ Wanna know what it is like to have a teenage son as the oldest followed by a teenage daughter? Watch the episode called Forced Family Fun. NAILED IT! I haven’t laughed so hard in a very long time.
2. Pawn Stars ~ I don’t know. It’s random, kind of funny and kind of cool.
3. Survivor ~ I am raising Survivor fanatics. Yes, I am. I even let my oldest kids stay up until 11:30 to watch the finale.
4. Gilligan’s Island ~ We like to torment our children with the bad acting and even worse and very fake looking things like giant spiders and whatnot.
5. Let’s Make a Deal ~ I DVR it and make the kids watch it with me at lunch time.
1. CSI ~ I’ve watched it forever. Still love it. It’s the mystery geek in me, I suppose.
2. The Vampire Diaries ~ I know, I know. But come ON! Ian Sommerhalder is one nice piece of eye candy.
3. Friends ~ Yes I am aware that show ended a bazillion years ago, but when I am winding down for the night, it is what I watch. I can fall asleep watching because I have seen all the episodes at least 100 times.
4. Law and Order SVU ~ I don’t know. I have watched it forever. It’s not my favorite, but it’s still on the DVR, so I watch it.
5. Ok, this is really sad, but I can’t think of a fifth. I used to watch a ridiculous amount of television, but I simply don’t have time. I watch things here and there, but mostly I just don’t. Sigh. I miss me some good TV.
So now you know what the “boss of all” does when in charge of the remote. Which is most of the time, unless I’m not home, of course.
In the spirit of television, I am going to announce an impending announcement. It’s like a preview for a show, only better. These last couple of months, I have been slaving away over a new website. It is going to be awesome and I am planning on unveiling it officially on June 1st!
Seriously, this is good stuff. Come on back next Sunday for the official announcement!