My Senior year of high school seems like it was about 4 million light years away. Especially when I think about the fact that my oldest child has approximately 2 minutes until his Senior year.
Ok, so it’s more like 2 1/2 school years until I will have a Senior.
Same thing, right?
Music was an essential part of my High School experience and this week, in an effort to relive the Good Ol’ Days, I give you my top 10 favorite songs from…I’ll let you guess the year.
1. The Sign ~ Ace of Base. Just ask any of my friends who drove anywhere with me that year and they can probably still sing you all the lyrics to that entire album. I wanted to make sure they had something to remember me by.
2. Waterfalls ~ TLC. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to…ahhh. TLC.
3. All I Wanna Do ~ Sheryl Crow. Seems appropriate for a Senior, yes?
4. Cotton Eye Joe ~ Rednex. Don’t laugh. I knew all the moves to the line dance for that song. I said, don’t laugh.
5. Gangsta’s Paradise ~ Coolio. I know how random that seems after Cotton Eye Joe. I blame the DJ’s in small town Wyoming, I really do. I think they wanted a well rounded crowd.
6. Kiss from a Rose ~ Seal. I think I danced to that song at prom. I’m just making an educated guess though.
7. Always ~ Bon Jovi. Oh, I love me some Bon Jovi, yes I do. Don’t go back and watch the video though. Definitely not appropriate for children. No wonder we were banned from MTV.
8. Water Runs Dry ~ Boys II Men. Yup, I went there. Know what year I graduated yet?
9. Total Eclipse of the Heart ~ Nicki French But for a total giggle, I give you the literal version of Bonnie Tyler’s Total Eclipse.
10. Back for good ~ Take That. I guess I was a sucker for cheesy ballads. What can I say. The boys were pretty, that’s my excuse.
Bonus: 11. No Rain ~ Blind Melon. Ok, so this one wasn’t anywhere on the top 100 my Senior Year, but I can honestly say this whole album still makes me happy. And thanks to me, my sister knows all the words. You are welcome.
See. Don’t you feel better now?