The hardest part about the winter months and sometimes spring and fall, is being stuck inside all day. There is nothing that will make a Mom crazy faster than restless little ones.
Here are some of my tried and true activities for toddler to Pre-K’s for those rainy days.
1. Sheet forts ~ Kids love forts and using couches and tables, just make a fort! Use your imagination. Read books in your fort or have a picnic in your fort.
2. Empty container fun ~ Put it in and dump it out is always a fun and easy activity to set up and usually keeps little ones busy for quite some time. I have used a cleaned out milk carton, empty soda bottles and old tupperware containers. Then just find something you have around the house for them to put in and dump out.
3. Fruit loop necklaces ~ So easy and yet always a favorite. Even if you have to help your little ones, it is a fun activity and usually takes a while for them to eat their necklace.
4. Un-popped Popcorn Sensory Bin ~ This one will keep my toddler busy for quite some time. There is some clean up, as he usually ends up dropping some on the floor, but I make him help with clean up and we make it a game. Just use kitchen items for your little one to pour or scoop with. We have used old milk carton lids, measuring cups and even old medicine dispensers.
5. Stickers ~ I will buy sheets of stickers at the dollar store just so the kids can stick them, every single one of them! Give the kids paper and let them just stick to their hearts content. It helps with fine motor skills and if they will color a picture, you can extend this activity a little longer.
6. Toothpicks and mini marshmallows ~ Let the kids create structures. Some of my kids will build towers, others will string them together. My toddler pokes them and eats them, but it still kills a little bit of time.
What are your Go-to activities for rainy inside days?