Fall is that time of year that feels like the end of an era. Ok, maybe not an era, but I’m always a little sad when summer is over and I can feel the chill in the air.
Fall is technically my second favorite season. It would be first except that fall leads to winter and I could live the rest of my life without winter. Except on Christmas, then snow is totally acceptable.
In my great state, we have the exceptional ability to experience many non-traditional seasons. Like right now. We are having a most excellent Summall. You know, fall in the morning, summer by midday ending with a nice crisp, fall evening. It means that I am wearing jeans and sandals and a T-shirt with a stylish jacket on top.
Shut up. It is too a style.
10 Things Looking Forward:
1. Cooler runs ~ I do love running in cooler weather.
2. Halloween ~ Oh, how I love me some Halloween. And I have plans. If only I could create them with the click of the button. Must. Pin. All. The Halloween Stuff.
3. School ~ You know. When the kids are actually in school in between holidays and off-track. It’s quite lovely. And quiet. And cleaner.
4. Hot Chocolate ~ That’s like the one redeeming part of cold weather.
5. Wearing boots ~ I love my boots, and I’m not talkin’ snow boots. No sireee!
6. Bedtime ~ Oh wait, I think that’s a daily future, not a future future.
7. Fall colors ~ I really do love the beauty of fall. See how pretty?
8. Fasumter ~ That day that begins with a nice cool fall morning followed by T-shirt weather followed by sleeting snow. I think that’s one of my favorites.
9. The mad dash for winter coats ~ That day that the weather man predicts to be quite lovely but has you cursing and rushing about attempting to clothe all children in appropriate outdoor attire before they leave for school which is followed by reprimands at everyone for a.)growing and b.)losing all their winter gear. Isn’t it a magical time?
10. Summer ~ Ahhh, summer. I can just feel it now. Warm sun on my face. Endless days of popsicles and swimsuits.
Whoops. I think I got a little ahead of myself with that last one.
And one more just for good measure.
11. Halloween ~ Ok, so I already mentioned that one. But I love it. It’s better than Christmas because dust is officially a decoration. Who dusts a haunted house?
What are you looking forward to?