“I can’t even imagine what seven kids must be like! I can barely handle my two!”
It’s not the first time I have had someone respond with shock/horror/utteramazement/horror at my larger than average brood. And I remember thinking, when I had a smaller family of four, that my mother-in-law must have been insane to have nine children.
In the end, she only beat me by two.
So what is life like with seven kiddos running amok? This week, I am going to show you some of what it’s like via photos.
1. One of the best things about so many is having lots of birthdays to celebrate and lots of candles to blow out!
2. There’s a considerable amount of nose picking and allthingsgross.
3. Toys. Oh the toys. My husband claims I sing the clean-up song in my sleep.
4. All the cleaning up leads to a lot of this.
5. Now, don’t go getting all, “Well she does everything!” on me. This picture does NOT represent the cacophony of noise I got to endure that consisted of the same 4 notes being played repeatedly until I wanted to go find a padded room. And while I do play the piano fairly well, none of my children have survived piano lessons long enough to be able to make that same claim. We hear a lot of Heart and Soul, though.
6. Now this is just cute. Even though it already happened and I’m still in denial. School? What’s that?
And these cute faces.
7. And sporting events. All the sporting events. I’m sure at the end of my life, I will have spent equal parts driving and attending sporting events. And that will sum up my life. Here lies Stacey, she drove us, fed us and attended our stuff.
8. There’s also a fair amount of this. I think I see the back of his head more often than the front.
9. There is a fair amount of snuggle time involved in raising a large family. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I’m glad there’s Dad.
10. Then there’s a lot of this:
Which apparently leads to so much of this:
I do my best to make really disgusting food that will offend at least one of my children every night!