This week, we were challenged to list 10 Fantastic smells, but I decided to put my own little twist on the lovely Listicle topic and so I offer you:
10 Fantastically smelly smells:
1. A smelly diaper. This nose of mine can smell one coming a mile away. It doesn’t even have to be my own kid. I can walk into a room of toddlers, and detect the offender within minutes. It’s a gift.
2. That thing under the kitchen sink. I’m not sure what it is. I’ve cleaned out under the sink, I even took the damn pipes apart, but the smell is still there. I just have to live in denial otherwise it may make me insane.
3. My teenage son’s room. It’s fantastical in all the wrong ways. I’m just sayin’…
4. The cat boxes. Can you say ewwwww? Seriously, there is nothing worse. Thankfully, I have children old enough to scold when they get gross.
5. The thing in the refrigerator. You know how you when you open the fridge and something has suddenly become a science experiment, but you aren’t quite sure what it is? And you don’t really want to know, so you find what you are looking for quickly and close the door? It makes the smell go away and then you don’t have to think about it for a while.
6. When my kids don’t flush. Come ON people!! How freakin’ hard is it? The funny thing is when all the bathrooms are offensive and I have three kids dancing around about to pee their pants acting as if there is no choice but to find another toilet. They always act shocked when I suggest they merely flush the previous user’s toilet.
7. That thing in the laundry room. I can’t be the only one to walk into my laundry room and wonder what the hell smells? It’s the laundry room, for Pete’s sake. Shouldn’t it always smell clean?
8. Stuffed peppers. Sorry Mom, but just the memory of walking into our house when you were cooking them makes me ill.
9. The Doctor’s office. I’m not sure if it’s all the sanitizer or if illness has a smell, but I don’t like it.
10. The whole dang house. Maybe this list should really be called, “Stacey is not good at cleaning the house”, but sometimes, I swear the whole house stinks.