This week’s Listicle is all about Oh No You Didn’t gifts given to us by our beloveds. It’s a timely list seeing as how I will celebrate both my birthday and the
dreaded lovely Valentine’s Day this week. Fortunately for me, my dear husband has made very few terrible mistakes in the gift giving department over the years. I am a lucky woman for sure. The man never reads my blog, so today’s list won’t benefit him one bit. But I thought I’d put this out there for the men who are gift-giving impaired.
1. Deoderant – Bad. Perfume – Good.
2. A gift certificate for a gym membership – Bad. A gift certificate to the spa – Good.
3. A Box of hair dye – Bad. A trip to the salon – Good.
4. A shopping trip for new pants with added comments about how that’s not what they looked like on so-and-so – Very Bad. A shopping trip for new clothes – Good.
5. A vacuum – Bad. A gift certificate for maid service – Very Good.
6. Chocolate – Good. Chocolate with comments that you can start that diet after your birthday/Valentine’s day – Very, very bad.
7. A night out with the kids – Bad. A night out withOUT the kids – Good.
8. A romantic dinner at home…with kids, cleanup and cooking – Very, very, very bad. A romantic dinner at home without any of the aforementioned extras – Very good.
9. Bath salts with a princess on the label – Bad. Bath salts – Very good.
10. Card with signature indicating that poem printed on card says it all – Bad. Card with sweet personal message – Good.
**Disclaimer: Any items listed as bad become good if and only if specifically and seriously requested. At which point they become very good.