Commentary on the Presidential Debate
Since I watched
with rapt attention last night with the volume on low, mostly loud enough to see lips move, I thought I would give my 2 cents worth on the election.
Here’s what I gleaned from the debate:
1. If you watch a debate while decorating for Halloween, the debate becomes obsolete.
2. It’s easy not to have your feathers ruffled by posts on Facebook about either candidate because you have no idea what was actually said.
3. Both candidates look very nice with a fireplace back light.
4. I like the recap on the news better. It’s much shorter and fits my attention span.
5. Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t pay attention to the debate with my brood at home.
6. I have bigger fish to fry…namely Halloween decorations and poopy diapers.
7. I like to keep it on in the background though so all my children can complain, “Why are we watching THIS?!? It’s soooooo boring.”
8. Everything looks spookier with black spray paint.
9. Orange Halloween lights give off a nice eerie glow.
10. I can almost guarantee an outcome in the November election…someone will be elected President…and he will never visit my home and see my dirty floors.
See. Wisdom. And I paid lots of attention. I bet you were hoping for something deep and controversial. You can debate on the spookiness of black spray paint.