I don’t know about you, but I am terrible at taking a compliment with any sort of grace. It usually goes something like this: “You do so great with your kids.” “Yeah, well, sometimes. Just yesterday I had to yell at every single one of them.”
Yup. No grace. I can’t simply just say, “Thank you.” Often, there is sarcasm included as well. But today, courtesy of Listicles, I am going to attempt to accept an unheard of 10 compliments previously given by the people in my life. And I will even attempt to accept them with grace. Maybe. If I can contain myself.
1. I don’t know how you do it. ~ Maybe not an obvious compliment, but I’ll take it because quite frankly, I don’t know either.
2. You are so patient with your kids. ~ *cough* *ahem* *biting tongue* Ok, thanks.
3. You are so funny. ~ That one’s easy because yes, yes I am.
4. You look great for having 7 kids. ~ Thank you. Thankyouverymuch. (Just be glad you don’t have to see the sag without all the much needed support and corset-type-tanks I wear under everything. Crap. I think I messed that one up.)
5. How do you have time to blog? ~ That’s a compliment, right? The answer…Dora.
6. Your house is so clean….bwahahahaha…just kidding…it’s more like…I don’t know how you keep up with all that laundry. ~ It’s an art form, truly.
7. You have 7 kids AND you are still sane?!? ~ Well, sort of, but whatever…
8. Your kids are so well behaved. ~ Thank you. Most of the time they are…unless I take all of them anywhere together…no, they are. They are good kids.
9. Your kids are so cute. ~ Thank you. I grew them myself. Yes. I. Did.
10. You gave birth to all 7? ~ Ok, so technically a question, but I will take it as a compliment because yes, yes I did.
That wasn’t too bad. I mostly accepted some of them. Sort of. I’m feeling pretty good about myself about now.