In the fall, weekends are a blur of football games and chores. Some weekends are great and fly by. Other weekends still fly by, but I’m not sure that I would use the word great to describe them. Regardless of the greatness or lack thereof, there is always wisdom to be gleaned from my experiences.
A.Chores done without supervision = chores not done. Today will be chore redo day. I can’t wait to break the news to the children.
Q. Quitting church doesn’t actually work and I don’t think you can actually quit. Although the little people in my family who torture and torment me there on a weekly basis make me seriously consider quitting.
2. The kitten likes to play at midnight requiring me to lock it in Mr. A’s bedroom.
X. The half-a-tube-of-toothpaste-glob in the kid’s sink was apparently put there by “I didn’t do it.” Aforementioned glob is also exempt from being cleaned up on Saturday.
5. It’s a darn good thing my kids are cute.
6B. Baby boy would have me read books to him ALL. DAY. LONG. There is much anger involved when I tell him I am too busy. Thankfully, the suggestion to bring the book to another able body is usually acceptable.
3. Fire alarms only chirp in the middle of the night.
h. Monday morning = Single Mom till Friday until mid-September.
i. There is a box of peaches on my kitchen counter. My husband brought them home “for me” and spent the weekend making suggestions as to how “we” could possibly use them.
55. I bought Snickerdoodles for the football team’s dinner on Friday night. Apparently, football boys don’t care for Snickerdoodles, but toddlers do. Baby boy may become a Snickerdoodle. I think that is all he has eaten for two days.
wxyz. The children are arguing over the last banana and why it was so hard to find.
10. There are gross things under my couches. I looked under one to retrieve the kitten. I was afraid, but since it’s labor day, I may have to torment my kids and make them help me clean out from under them.
n. The van is clean. It’s so very pretty. It took me half an hour to vacuum out and I clogged up one of the car wash’s vacuums in the process. (That was actually like a week ago, but the guck under the couches reminds me of what the van looked like. Too bad I can’t use those car wash vacuums for under the couch.)
r. The baby likes to be naked and unless he is clothed in a onesie will attain nakedness at a moments notice.