Stuff about our Wedding
I had a grand idea for today’s post, topic courtesy of Listicles, but a funny thing happened when we got home last night. The hubs and I were so tired that we went to bed. I know! Shocking! And I discovered that the scanner is not working, so you’ll have to read the words without the funny pictures of our wedding from 100 years ago.
I know, you are totally bummed out now.
But here’s my list of ten things about our wedding.
1. We got engaged after a shockingly short period of time. And by period of time, I mean 11 days. I know. What were we thinking?!? The answer: I don’t know.
2. We were only engaged for three months before the wedding. Oh, and we bumped the date up by two weeks. Apparently we were trying to kill off our parental units.
3. We will have been married for 15 years in November.
4. I didn’t want a wedding cake because I don’t like cake, so I let my mother pick it out. She did a great job. It was a beautiful cake. I had the one obligatory bite my new husband fed me and that was it.
5. Since I was an infant when we got married, I couldn’t even play the slot machines in Vegas on our honeymoon.
6. Our colors were burgundy and forest green.
7. Thankfully, people gave us cold, hard cash for our wedding. Otherwise, we might not have had much of a honeymoon.
8. One of my friend’s disowned me when I told her I was getting married.
9. After the wedding, we both worked two jobs and went on a real honeymoon in Europe. We went for three weeks and toured Paris and London. Those are still some of my favorite memories of our early married life.
10. I found an amazing deal on my wedding dress. It was gorgeous. (Insert picture here.) And since I was still an infant, I was teeny weeny and looked amazing in it. I’m still proud of my thriftiness.
There you have it. You may now commence being shocked and horrified. All I can say is that it made sense at the time. There have been some rough patches since we got married so quickly and so young, but I can honestly say I don’t regret any of it. It has been an adventure and I love my husband more today than the day I married him! I know, I just got mushy.