Pros and Cons
Any time I have an important decision to make, I always like to weigh the Pros and Cons. Plus, I love me a good list. I also use Pro and Con lists to attempt to validate an argument.
Today, I would like to present to *Baby Boy a list of Pros and Cons that shows that waking up at the **crack of stupid is bad; very, very bad.
1. The one on one time is nice.
2. You are definitely cute upon first light.
3. Your enthusiasm for life is commendable.
4. Hearing you sing is always a great way to wake up.
1. Anything called the crack of stupid should be avoided.
2. I am mostly unconcious for at least half an hour, which defeats my ability to enjoy the one on one time.
3. I don’t appreciate cereal chucked ceremoniously to the floor until much, much later in the day.
4. I can’t see without my glasses on and it’s too early for contacts.
5. My sense of humor doesn’t wake up until at least 8.
6. You often wake up other children who desperately need to sleep longer.
7. Any enthusiasm for life should be saved for a reasonable hour.
8. After your inital enthusiasm, you often melt down into a heap of crankiness, which, for obvious reasons, I’m not keen on in the wee hours of the morning.
Obviously the Con list wins, which means, dear baby of mine, that sleeping longer is highly recommended. Now, lets’s all go back to bed. No? Please? Fine.
*Yes, I know Baby Boy does not read.
**The Crack of Stupid is defined as anything before 7:30a.m.