Back to School
Summer is nearly over. I can almost smell the fall season. I actually quite like the fall with the changing colors and cooler temperatures. I would declare it my favorite season if it didn’t lead right into winter. Fall means football and back to school. Every year I am as ready to send the kids back as I was to have them done. So here is my list of reasons I can tell it’s time to send them back.
1. They don’t like each other any more and spend the day fighting.
2. Water balloons have lost their magic.
3. We went to Back to School night and they were actually happy to meet their teachers.
4. They want to go Back to School shopping.
5. I am counting down the hours until I can reclaim my den.
6. They want to use their new lunch boxes.
7. They are making plans for who picks up the Kindergartner after school this year.
8. They are bored.
9. They have watched all the reruns of all the shows and if I suggest watching TV they groan that they’ve seen all the movies and all the shows.
10. Parks are no longer a novelty.
Yes. It’s time. I bow down to homeschoolers. I think you would have to commit me to an insane asylum, complete with a white jacket, if I couldn’t send my little
monsters lovelies back to school.
Now, don’t get me wrong. We have had a lot of fun.
We even celebrated Summer’s End with an Un-birthday party, complete with a cake made completely by the kids.
And LOTS of ice cream.
But it is time…boy, is it ever time, to send the kiddos back to school.