I totally had an awesome list planned, but then the Flood of 2012 happened. So now I have a flooded list.
10 things a husband should (and did) do when the basement flooded
1. Not freak out when he finds a box of his stuff recently taken to the basement mostly ruined.
2. Proclaims your hotness even though you are sweaty and have a babe attached to your back. Yeah, he’s a sweet man.
3. Organize the cleanup and help you not cry when some pictures get ruined.
“Eh, we know we got married. Who needs to look at pictures of us from 15 years ago.”
4. Help with dishes after dinner.
5. Mops the very wet and gross basement water from the kitchen floor.
6. Looks at the bright side of things.
“Well, now we can make a nice TV area for the kids.”
7. Doesn’t get upset when he finds out you posted about the flood on Facebook.
8. Laughs at the girls jumping happily on the mattress and the other kids declaring that the backyard full of stuff is now a fabulous place to play Mission Impossible.
9. Asks if you are going to blog about it and just shakes his head when you say, “But of course.”
10. Tells you to make sure to take pictures for aforementioned blog post.
Anybody want to take a wild guess as to what I will be doing this week? I just pray it doesn’t rain before I can re-put stuff in the basement. (Dude, re-put is TOTALLY a word.)