What my pet thinks
When I was little, I thought the best thing in the world would be to be a cat. I mean, really. What do they have to do all day? Eat, sleep in the sunshine, poop, meow, sleep some more. Who WOULDN’T want to be a cat?!? So of course I grew up to own not one, but two
stupid lovely cats. I decided to get inside the mind of my cat and see what he might be thinking.
1. Everyone is asleep and I’m hungry. I ran out of food like 2 hours ago. I’ll go meow once in the master bedroom to wake up THE MOM lady. But then I’ll just meow in the hallway. She can’t hit me with anything from there.
2. So my people still haven’t fed me. I woke up THE MOM lady and a couple of the smaller people. Maybe if I hang out by my bowl THE MOM lady will yell at a kid and I will finally get breakfast. I can’t believe they have been up for 10 whole minutes and not fed me.
3. Oh crap. The baby person is awake. I wish these people would quit bringing more little people home.
4. If I lay really still maybe the baby person will think I’m dead and leave me alone. Ouch. Let go of the fur!!
5. Doorbell!!! Someone new to pet!
6. If I’m quiet maybe I can see if there is any water on the counter. The kid forgot water this morning. Ooooops. Knocked over the water again. Better get off quick.
7. Ok, kid. I know that grin. Put the pillowcase down and walk away! NO! NO! I won’t go in there again! Crap.
8. Shhh. The kids can’t find me in the closet. THE MOM lady won’t let them in here. It’s the only place I am safe.
9. Oh good. The big one is home. He likes it when I sleep with him.
10. That was good. The little girl they say is 2 years old is super warm and snuggly. Maybe if I go sleep on her pillow she won’t wake up crying this time. Nope? Oh well. It was worth a shot.
(Don’t worry about his eye, this was taken a while ago and his eye is all better.)