Before I get to my list, I am going to introduce a new linky I am starting this Tuesday. It’s all about An Hour In a Day. Check it out and come back tomorrow and link up an hour from your day!
Now on to business!
Behind every writer is a stack of books. Ok, usually boxes of books, library fines galore, and piles and piles of more books. I actually think I wanted to start writing because I love reading so much. So this week, my top 10 list of books I love.
1. Mrs. Mike by Benedict Freedman ~ A love story that will make you cry, jump for joy and keep you wondering if you would be strong enough.
2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett ~ A book about a writer trying to make it. Oh yeah, and a bunch of other wonderful stuff! The movie was good, but if you haven’t read the book, you really should!
3. Switchback ~ I’m not sure who the author is and this isn’t a well-known book, but it’s one I love. It’s got time travel and romance. It doesn’t get much better!
4. Jane Eyre ~ I just love this story.
5. The Hunger Games trilogy ~ If you haven’t read them, just know that your life will be over until you finish all three. I think I read the whole series in just under a week.
6. Anything by Erma Bombeck ~ Man she makes me laugh.
7. Beauty by Robin McKinley ~ It’s a Beauty and the Beast story, but it’s beautifully written and a wonderful take on the story.
8. The Time Traveler’s Wife ~ This is another one that was made into a movie and while they did a respectable job, you REALLY need to read the book. Really.
9. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls ~ This one is a truly fascinating memoir.
10. Don’t stone me, but I actually quite enjoyed the Twilight Series. Now, I’m not a crazy-stand-in-line-at-midnight fan and haven’t even seen the most recent movie, but I love that the author is a mother who had a great story in her head, wrote it down and became successful. Oh, and I liked the story too. I like me some teenage angst every now and then!
And that’s that! Don’t forget to come back tomorrow and link up an hour from your day!