It seems fitting in the month of
chocolate love that I make a list of things I am passionate about. This week’s listicle topic is:
What are your passions?
1. My family ~ I know, a little sap to start my list. Any time I become frustrated, I just take a step back and look at what is the most important thing in my life. 7 little people make it easy to refocus my priorities.
2. Writing ~ I have always been a writer deep down, but it is just in the last couple of years that I have allowed myself to dream big and to admit that I am a writer. Being published does not a writer make. At least that’s what I tell myself to keep from obsessing.
3. Music ~ Music was my first love. It is still a part of my life, but it is ridiculously hard to sit down at the piano with little ones about.
4. Photography ~ This is a new one for me, but I love to look at life through a lens. I love to try to see my children in a different light and changing the angle of a shot can do amazing things.
5. My blog ~ Obviously. Duh.
6. Running ~ I started running after I turned 30. (Midlife crisis? Perhaps.) It still amazes me how a run in the sunshine can make me feel like I can conquer the world.
7. Sleep ~ Find me a mother who isn’t passionate about sleep after not getting any due to small people, teenagers or a snoring spousal unit.
8. Sunshine ~ I love sunshine. I don’t mind our cold weather so much, but I do go through major sunshine withdrawals when we have bad inversions.
9. Laughter ~ I love to laugh. (I am now singing the song from Mary Poppins in my head. And now, you are too.) It’s true. At the end of the day, I always watch a sitcom so I can laugh. I find it relaxing.
10. Pepsi ~ Apparently, I ran out of sap and I have moved onto things I can’t live without. Ok, I could TECHNICALLY live without my caffeinated treat, but I don’t want to. And my children might run away if I try.