Bloggy Boot Camp
My sister and I went to Bloggy Boot Camp this weekend in St. George, Utah. It was a wonderful weekend and we had the opportunity to meet some amazing women and a whole slew of bloggers. It was fabulous to be able to sit around and “talk shop” for a whole day!
But, being the blogger that I am, I thought of many blog posts over the weekend. And perhaps my readers are tired of lists, but this weekend really, really requires a list post. I swear this will be my last for a while.
1. Don’t show up to dinner late. It’s not nearly as much fun. The food is still good though. But if you are cool like my sister, you’ll still win something.
2. Don’t show up late to karaoke then sit all alone. It kind of defeats the purpose.
3. But you can always redeem yourself by rocking out to Shania Twain.
4. A love of unicorns would have been helpful, as they played a surprisingly important part of boot camp.
5. Bring a pen and paper to boot camp. Otherwise you have to scrounge.
Karaoke with a bunch of bloggers really does rock the house.
We spent all of Saturday having our brains filled to capacity with information. One key piece of information for me was that Twitter is NOT evil. We shall see if I ever truly bond. But there was SO much more. So much that it may take me months to process. I went with my sister and it was great to have her there to decompress with.
After we returned to the hotel, we got all nerdy and installed some new plug-ins for my blog and played with Twitter. Then we went to decompress in the hot tub. We were asked why we were visiting St. George, and when we replied that we were there for a blogging conference. The lady looked at us funny and said, “What’s blogging?” I think we both nearly died right then! I knew a lot of people who didn’t blog, but to not even know what it is…well, that’s just unacceptable, people!
And I can’t end without showing off my celebrity siting! (Ok, so she may only be a celebrity to us nerdy bloggers, but still.) I got to meet the most beautiful lady from SITS, who reminded us how pretty she is all day! I think our rendition of Shania’s Any Man of Mine may have been indelibly etched in poor Tiffany’s head. But it’s always better to be remembered, right? Right.